Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mountmellick Lilly progress

I started the blanket stitching on one of the two lilies and soon found it will take longer than the cable stitching used to pad it. Wow I don't feel like I've made much progress. Not to say I'm getting bored this is still exciting that I'm finally making a project instead of just playing around.



Of course I'm still behind but that means I can go look at the real thing to make sure I'm doing it right.

I do have another project I will have to get back to. I took Options in Hardanger last year as a Group Correspondence Course (GCC) with my chapter of the EGA (Embroiders Guild of America).
It's an online chapter "Cyberstitchers" I didn't finish the course or submit the piece but this time I'm going to combine the two pieces and submit them together. So watch for this big, humongous Hardanger piece I'm be pulling out of my UFO some time soon.

Thanks for reading my blog.
Please leave a comment. They mean a lot to me.
Shay

1 comment:

Iuliania said...

Hello Pam,
your white embroidery looks wonderful, I am also interested in mountmellick embroidery, read Pat Trott's book but still cant dare to start.